Friday, August 9, 2013

Student Teaching

First experience student teaching. Wow!

I was so terrified (me? Teach English? I'm just starting to understand English grammar!) Even so, I had an awesome group of students. They were in Level 3, which is Intermediate, so they had good vocabulary, and they were comfortable with English. More importantly, they were comfortable communicating with me, which made my job so much easier. As I learned, it's about the students doing the work. Outside the classroom is when I work, but inside the classroom, the pressure should be off of me (given that I planned ahead,) and on the students.

After my class, my observing teacher had lots of great things to say! I had no major slip-ups, and he told me that I conduct a very calm, relaxed classroom environment. Hey, I'll take it!

After teaching, I headed to the Magic Fountain with my housemate, and we were greeted with a rainbow when we got there! I swear, it was surreal...almost out of a dream. The beautiful MNAC (Museu Nacional d'Arte de Catalunya), the huge fountain, and an ominously dark sky intermingled with an arco iris (rainbow!)

Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment